The career service offers support if you have questions about your career, your personal profile, the job market and job applications.
Would you like to gain work experience during your studies? Ask the career service about the options available. Each faculty has its own career service. You will find more information on your faculty tab.
You can contact your faculty career service for:
- career advice
- internship advice
- choice of Master’s programme and career options
- career tests
- information about career orientation and job applications
- CV and cover letter checks
- information sessions
The Bachelor and Master programmes of the Faculty of Governance and Global Affairs prepare you for a wide variety of career paths. To help you find your own way, the Faculty has its own Career Service. Through personal coaching and organising activities, we try to prepare you for whatever path it is that you’ll take after graduating. How can we help you?
The Career Service organises different kinds of activities, such as:
• Workshops – Frequently, workshops are organised, ranging from ‘how to write a good motivation letter’, to LinkedIn workshops, and to ‘how to ‘sell yourself ’ in an elevator pitch’. A good way to learn about skills necessary in landing your dream job!
• Career Colleges – During the year we organise different Career Colleges. Two or three FGGA alumni from different organisations will tell you about their careers, and give tips about what you can do after your studies. Find out what their typical workday looks like, and what they have done to get where they are now. In this way, we hope to inspire students and encourage them to start thinking of what they like or don’t like.
• Internship Fair – The Internship Fair, too, is a returning event that takes place every year. Companies, NGOs and Ministries present themselves at an information market. Here, you learn everything about current internship opportunities, how to apply, what the application procedure looks like, and what it is like to do an internship with an organisation. Very interesting if you are looking for an internship, but also inspiring when looking for a fulltime job.
• Career Event – The Career Event is an annual event that is designed to inspire all students. Many different companies and organisations participate and give presentations or organise workshops that you can join. On this day, you can ask all your questions and will get to know more about possible job opportunities, application procedures, and what companies look for in new employees.
• Company Visits – Another great opportunity for students: company visits. All kinds of organisations open their doors for a group of students to visit their building, learn more about the organisation in a presentation and speak with current employees. A great opportunity to experience what working for these organisations is like, and see if it is something you would picture yourself doing.
Contact career advisor FGGA:
Schouwburgstraat 2, room B1.10