Universiteit Leiden

nl en

Communicating changes of address

It is essential that the university always has your correct address to avoid important correspondence going astray.

The university recognises three types of address.

Correspondence address

The university sends all post, for example your student card and LU-card, to your correspondence address. If you are registered in Studielink and need to update your address you simply need to:   

  1. Go to “My Studielink’, select ‘My details’, then ‘Change correspondence address’.
  2. Enter your new correspondence address and click on confirm.
  3. Your new correspondence address will automatically be communicated to the university

If you are not registered in Studielink you can update your address via the Student Affairs Front Office, either in person at Plexus Student Centre or via their contact form. Make sure to take along your passport or attach a copy of it to the contact form.

Municipal register address (GBA address)

This is your residential address as recorded in the Dutch municipal register (Gemeentelijke Basis Administratie in Dutch).  You can only change this address at the town hall at which you are registered, not via Studielink or the university.

Important note! When requesting Dutch student finance make sure the address you provide to DUO is the same as your GBA address. This information is used to determine whether you are a student living at home or a student living away from home.

Emergency contact address

You can choose to provide us with an emergency contact address, for example your parents’  address, either via Studielink or the Student Affairs Front Office in Plexus Student Centre.

This website uses cookies.