Job opportunity: Faculty member of the Leiden University Student Platform
For the academic year of 2018-2019, the Leiden University Student Platform (LUS) is looking for a faculty member for the Faculty of Science from the 1st of September 2018 onwards. The faculty members will support the organisation of a number of meetings regarding educational and student affairs.
About the LUS
In the Leiden University Student Platform, students give advice to the Executive Board of the University regarding educational and student affairs. The platform is also responsible for delivering the Leiden Educational Prize. The platform has an independent president, and each faculty provides one student who will support the president of the platform in organising the different meetings. It will take approximately 2-3 hours a week to be a faculty member of the platform. For these hours, the university will provide a financial compensation.
To qualify for the vacancy, candidates have to hold in esteem the following profile:
• You have a large network within your faculty;
• You are interested in actualities and student politics at Leiden University;
• You have the ability to defend the interests of the students;
• You want to stand for the right of students;
• You are aware of the responsibilities that come with the membership of the LUS. This is for example the two-weekly meeting, the meetings with other students and visiting the lectures for the Leiden Educational Prize.
For more information or questions, please contact the current LUS member of your faculty: Yuri Bonanno - YuriBonanno@hotmail.com.
For remaining questions, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications can be delivered by mail, before Friday 1st of June to, to the assessor of the faculty, Bernice Dekker – email@example.com. Please enclose your CV and a letter of motivation (approx. 500 words). The interviews will take place between Monday 18th and 20th of June between 12.00h and 17.00h.