Job opportunity: Faculty member of the Leiden University Student Platform
For the academic year of 2019-2020, the Leiden University Student Platform (LUS) is looking for a faculty member for the Faculty of Humanities from the 1st of September 2019 onwards. The faculty members will support the organisation of a number of meetings regarding educational and student affairs.
About the LUS
In the Leiden University Student Platform, students give advice to the Executive Board of the University regarding educational and student affairs. The platform is also responsible for delivering the Leiden Educational Prize. The platform has an independent president who is looking after the interests of the students of the University of Leiden. Each faculty provides one student who will support the president of the platform in organising the different meetings. Within the faculty, the LUS is member is also member and secretary of the Humanities Think Tank. It will take approximately 2-3 hours a week to be a faculty member of the platform. For these hours, the university will provide a financial compensation.
To qualify for the vacancy, candidates have to hold in esteem the following profile:
- You have a large network within your faculty;
- You are interested in actualities and student politics at Leiden University;
- You have the ability to defend the interests of the students and to represent the students;
- You want to stand for the right of students;
- You are aware of the responsibilities that come with the membership of the LUS. This is for example the two-weekly meeting, the meetings with other students and visiting the lectures for the Leiden Educational Prize.
For more information or questions, please contact the current LUS member of your faculty: Lian Hof - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications can be delivered by mail, before Tuesday 14th of May to Lian Hof - email@example.com. Please enclose your CV and a letter of motivation (approx. 500 words). The interviews will take place on the 20th and 22nd of May.