Vacancy: Student Ambassador International Studies
Are you excited about International Studies and would you like to share your knowledge and experiences with prospective students? Would you like to participate in Open Days and other events? If so, you might have what it takes to be a student ambassador for the BA programme International Studies in The Hague!
For the upcoming academic year (2019-2020), International Studies is looking for a:
Student Ambassador (0.2 fte approx. 8 hours a week, on average)
In brief / description
- Organising and participating in promotional activities: providing information about the programme at University Open Days, Experience Days, student-for-a-day-events; visiting (Dutch) high schools; being in touch with prospective students through email, Skype sessions and webinars.
- Reporting back on signals / trends from/in the primary target group, in particular regarding the image of Leiden University and International Studies
- Setting up and leading a promotional information team consisting of students from the International Studies programme (recruiting and selecting students; training and deploying students), in consultation with the programme staff, and/or:
- Coordinating/carrying out school visits (providing information about the programme/Leiden University in schools; either in person or delegating to another member of the information team, and/or:
- Organising informative activities, working together with the Faculty Recruitment Officers (i.e. from organising and setting up the activities all through to tidying up at the end), and/or:
- Creating standard information materials for the information team and keeping them up to date (for example a PowerPoint presentation about the programme), and/or:
- Contributing to Social Media accounts (Facebook, Instagram) of the programme; arrange Skype meetings with prospective students, and/or:
- Other tasks, such as: writing news items for the website/newsletter; assisting with International Studies’ related events, such as Pre-Unions, Graduation Ceremonies, and Alumni Meetings.
We are looking for a student who fulfils the following requirements
- Preferably a second-year student of International Studies
- Good study results (GPA of at least 7.0)
- Affinity with Public Relations and Social Media
- Excellent oral and written skills in English
- Be presentable, enthusiastic, reliable and proactive
- Willing to work most of the hours in The Hague
We are offering
An interesting and varied position, which provides an excellent addition to your study. We offer a temporary position for one year, with the possibility of renewal. Salary according to scale Student Assistant of the CAO of Dutch Universities.
Please mind: In order to be allowed to work as a Student Ambassador, in accordance with Dutch Labour law, you will need to have a Dutch health insurance, additionally, if you are from outside the European Union, you will need to have a residence permit that allows you to work in The Netherlands.
Information and application
For more information on this position, please contact: Ayelet Mokasay or Regine Mulders, email@example.com
Please, send your application letter and CV before 15 May 2019 to the same e-mail address. The interviews are planned to take place on Monday 20 May.