Photo contest ‘The World is Your Classroom’: take part!
Due to the corona situation, the photo contest deadline has been extended till 1 June 2020. Submit your photo and you could win a great prize!
Have you been abroad for study-related activities in fall 2019 or spring 2020? Do you think you have captured the theme of this contest in your photos? If so, take part in the Study Abroad photo contest.
Theme: ‘The World is Your Classroom’
The theme of the contest is ‘The World is Your Classroom’. You can illustrate this theme in a variety of ways: from photos of you and your fellow students in the classroom, library, on campus or during an excursion, to pictures of you and your friends at cultural events or enjoying tasty local delicacies. Use your imagination!
You can win a voucher of 50, 100 or 150 euro, as well as a beautiful enlargement of your winning photo.
The winning photo, plus a selection of other entries, will be shown in the Study Abroad photo exhibition from September 2020 onwards. In this way, you can share your amazing experiences and encourage fellow students to also study abroad.
Deadline: 1 June 2020
Submit your entries by 1 June 2020. We look forward to receiving them.
- All Leiden University students who have been (or are currently) abroad for an exchange/study abroad programme or study-related internship or research programme in the academic year 2019-2020 are eligible to enter.
- The deadline for submissions is 1 June 2020.
- The photos must capture this year’s theme ‘The World is Your Classroom’.
- You can submit up to 5 photos.
- You must have taken the photos yourself in the country in which you studied, interned or did research.
- The photos should be in focus and of high quality (minimum 4000 pixels wide/long and preferably at 300 dpi resolution).
- The winning photo will be announced on 15 June 2020 on the Study Abroad Facebook page. The winner will also be notified by email.
- By submitting your photos, you give Leiden University permission to use them on its websites, social media and promotional materials, such as posters and flyers.
First read the conditions carefully!
Then send your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For each photo, remember to state:
- Your name
- Study programme
- Photo title
- Description (where and in what context the photo was taken)
- How your photo(s) reflect the theme of the contest