Job opportunity: Faculty member of the Leiden University Studentplatform (LUS) 2020-2021
For the academic year of 2020-2021 the Leiden University Studentplatform (LUS) is looking for new faculty representatives from the 1st of September onwards. As a LUS faculty member you will help in organising student meetings about education- and student affairs, the LUS inputweek, and has a good eye on the ins and outs of his or her faculty.
At the Leiden University Studentplatform students give the Executive Board of Leiden University advice on matters of education- and student affairs. The platform is also responsible for the Leiden Teaching Prize ceremony during the opening of the academic year. The platform has an independent chair who guards the interests of students. The chair is supported by a LUS member of every faculty, seven in total who help him or her in organising the student meetings. The faculty member also keeps close contact with the student assessor of the faculty. The workload of a faculty member is about two to three hours a week, for which the university provides compensation.
To be eligible for the position candidates need to possess the following profile:
- You have a large network within your faculty;
- You are interested in actualities at the university, student politics and developments in the area of education;
- You have affinity with defending student interests and student representation;
- You are proactive in organising, social, and are used to work in a group;
- You are aware of the responsibilities that come with the membership of the LUS. This is, among other things, periodical meetings, organising of student meetings, and visiting lectures for the Leiden Teaching Prize.
Further contact about the function can be acquired by contacting the current LUS member or student assessor of your faculty. Other questions can be directed to the current chair of LUS, Dirk van Vugt, via firstname.lastname@example.org.