Lockdown extended, consequences for your studies
On Tuesday 12 January, the full lockdown was extended up to and including 9 February. We are aware that this has a major impact on your studies and home situation. We thank you all in advance for your continued commitment and wish you all the best studying in these challenging circumstances.
Please see the measures below that (still) apply to teaching and studying at our faculty:
- All teaching will be done entirely online for the first two weeks of the second semester (up to and including 12 February 2021).
- Information on the method of teaching for a particular course (online or on campus) will be provided on BrightSpace.
- In the case of scheduled practica such as moot court, a tailored solution will be offered.
- Examinations will go ahead online as planned.
- Study spaces remain available via the online booking system SharedDesk. We urge you to stick to the rules (keep a distance, wear a face mask when moving around, and come only for the time slot booked). Only book a space if you have nowhere else to study. Leave these limited spaces for your fellow students who really need them.
- Physical graduation ceremonies are cancelled until further notice. You will receive information on this from the Onderwijs Informatie Centrum (OIC, Education Information Centre).
- All student events planned at the Kamerlingh Onnes Building in the period mentioned above are cancelled.
- Always do the Corona check before coming to the University.
- The continuing uncertainty about the coronavirus situation is very hard for all, also mentally. Much information and support is available to help.
- TIP: Take part in the Student Wellbeing weeks. From Monday 18 January to Sunday 14 February various topics will be looked at. For example: getting enough exercise, the art of failing, healthy recipes, inspiring conversations, worrying less, or dealing with finances.
- If you have any concerns, do not hesitate to contact your Study adviser.
Do you still have a question about these measures? Consult the website for all up-to-date information.