Fire safety work at KOG from week 12 to week 30
Throughout spring and summer 2021 work will carried out on the sprinkler system at the A wing of the Kamerlingh Onnes Building. A number of areas in the building will not be accessible from week 12 up to and including week 30 (22 March to 30 July).
As a result of changes to fire regulations, it appears that there is not enough space between the ceiling where the sprinkler system is installed and the floor above it in a number of areas and rooms at the KOG. Please note that this does not mean that the current situation is unsafe. The work is being carried out to ensure we comply with the new fire regulations. On the ground floor, the restaurant and the A3 wing, the ceiling will be adjusted and the floor in the A1 wing will be raised using fire-resistant material.
No work will be carried out during the examination period in week 21 and week 22. The Moot Court sessions from week 10 to week 20 will not be hindered by the work. And of course all current coronavirus measures will be respected at all times.
Please see the consequences of each phase below.
- Entrance and walking route adjusted, tunnel erected at entrance
- Reception still accessible
- Service desk UFB moved to C0.29
- Servicedesk ISSC – online availability only
- Toilets at front of building closed
- Copy & Printshop closed 1 day (date not yet know)
- Classrooms A0 closed
- Touchdown spaces closed (alternative being sought)
- Study associations move temporarily to B0.44
- A0 pantry closed temporarily
- First aid/lactation room closed (a temporary first aid room will be available in case of emergency)
- Walking route changed
- Restaurant closed
- Lecture room A1.44 (Lorentzzaal) closed from week 27
- No study spaces in restaurant
- Work areas A1 inaccessible from week 27
- A3 inaccessible
- Moot Court areas inaccessible
- Work areas A3 inaccessible