Job Vacancy: Student Ambassadors BSc Security Studies
We are looking for two student ambassadors for the Bachelor’s programme Security Studies.
As a student ambassador, you help recruit new undergraduate students. This entails on the one hand helping organise various activities for prospective students and on the other hand delivering presentations to prospective students at secondary schools and during open days. It is a varied job with many responsibilities and challenges. You work for the Leiden University Faculty of Governance and Global Affairs and with the Institute for Security and Global Affairs. You are also in close contact with the communication department of Leiden University and with the study coordinators of the Bachelor of Security Studies.
Together with the study coordinators and the communication department, you
- help to organise (online) open days, experience days, and other events, and give presentations about the programme and student life on these events;
- coordinate and organise school visits and student for a day events;
- help create and update the material for prospective students;
- prepare the welcome that new students receive in the first week of the academic year;
- coordinate the team of student information officers.
We are looking for two students from the Bachelor’s programme Security Studies with the following profile:
- Enthusiastic about the degree programme;
- Good social, collaboration, and communication skills;
- Fluency in English (spoken and written), Dutch is a big plus;
- Feel comfortable speaking in front of a large audience and in front of a camera;
- Organisational talent;
- Sense of responsibility;
- Groomed appearance;
- Open and active attitude;
- Creative with a critical eye;
- Approachable to school children and their parents.
The position is for 6 hours per week on an average basis. We are looking for students who can start on 15 May 2021, who are available for at least one and a half year and particularly during our recruitment activities, which sometimes take place on Saturdays.
Please e-mail your application letter (including your student registration number) and curriculum vitae as soon as possible and no later than 31 March 2021 to Florine van Logtestijn (one of the study coordinators) via email@example.com. Interviews will be held in the last two weeks of April.
If you have any questions about the job, please feel free to contact Bente Sennef and Martijn Bergmann, both current student ambassadors of the Bachelor of Security Studies. You can reach them via firstname.lastname@example.org.