Do you want to help future 1st year students feel at home at International Studies? Apply now to become a student mentor (’21-’22)!
What is a student mentor?
A student mentor is a coming 2nd or 3rd year student who is capable of guiding our new students. As a student mentor you will commit to the following:
- Attend the workshop in June on being a student mentor in an intercultural context;
- Attend a student mentor training session in the last week of August 2021;
- Guide your mentor group of 1st year students during the Introduction Days – Wednesday 1 September (09:00- after dinner) & Thursday 2 September 09.00 – 14.00;
- After Introduction Days: keeping track of 1st year students;
- Plan and attend 3 meetings with your mentor group each semester (topics discussed are among others study skills and presentation skills);
- Host several informal group sessions yourself;
- Write a short evaluation-report and earn a maximum fee of around €100,-;
- Join one peer intervision session per semester.
- Currently in your 1st or 2nd year
- Have earned at leats 20 EC (as 1st year) or 80 EC (as 2nd year)
- Passed Academic Reading & Writing course
How to apply?
You can apply by sending an e-mail (email@example.com) with your responses to the following questions (max. 100 words per answer).
- Why do you want to be a student mentor?
- What makes you a good student mentor?
- How will you make sure that students are guided properly?