Education, Organisation, Human resources
Vacancy: student member for the Institute board of Cultural Anthropology and Development Sociology
As of 1 September, the Institute board of Cultural Anthropology and Development Sociology is looking for a new student member for an average of 6 hours a week.
Would you like to be involved in the governance of the institute and would you like to advise the scientific director, the director of Research and especially the Director of education about the international Bachelor and Master programs? Would you like to represent the student perspective during board meetings? Can you easily form a link between the institute and fellow students in the different years? And are you willing, together with other active students at faculty level, to think about how the entire faculty can be improved?
• Attending two weekly meetings with the Institute Board
• Attending meetings with the Institute Council (three times a year);
• Organize and implement the Programme Committee (PC) student elections;
• Maintaining contact with the student members of the (PC), to know what is going and to discuss this during the institute board meetings.
• Maintaining contact with Itiwana and WDO
• Take place in the hiring committees for new lecturers
• Take place in faculty-wide meetings with other student members of the board from other institutes (in Dutch: Studenten Opleidingsbesturen Overleg: SOBO)
Are you interested?
Please send your motivation letter and CV no later than 15 June to Ilse Prins (firstname.lastname@example.org). And who knows, you might gain experience next year without having to sacrifice an academic year.
Please note: Because many policy documents that need to be discussed during board meetings are written in Dutch, a good command of the Dutch language is required.
If you have any questions please contact our current student member, Jentje Zaal (email@example.com)