Vacancy: would you like to become a Student Ambassador?
The MA International Relations is looking for a Student Ambassador. Would you like to share your knowledge and experiences of studying the MA International Relations, with prospective students? Do you like organising events? If so, you might have what it takes to be a Student Ambassador for the MA International Relations.
For the upcoming academic year (2021-2022), the MA International Relations programme is looking for a:
Student Ambassador (F/M/X) (0.15 fte approx. 6 hours a week)
Please apply before deadline: 15th August 2021.
Job description in brief
Organising and participating in online and offline promotional activities: providing information about the programme during the University Master’s Week and Student for a Day events; being in touch with prospective students through (keep warm) email and Unibuddy.
Reporting back on signals/trends from/in the primary target group, in particular the image of Leiden University and International Relations.
- Setting up and leading a promotional information team (recruiting and selecting students from the various MA International Relations specialisations).
- Organising information activities such as ‘Student for a Day’, working together with the Faculty Marketing Officer.
- Contributing to social media accounts (Facebook and Instagram).
- Provide information for prospective students via the Unibuddy app.
- Send keep warm mails to applicants and help them with questions.
- Other tasks, such as: writing blog posts and assisting with possible programme related events, such as Pre-Unions and Introduction Days.
- Advocate the importance of an inclusive and diverse learning environment in our information activities.
We are looking for students who fulfil the following job requirements
- An MA International Relations student
- Affinity with communications and organising events
- Excellent oral and written skills in English
- Be presentable, enthusiastic, flexible, reliable and proactive
- Being able to come to the Campus if necessary
We are offering
An interesting and varied position, which provides an excellent addition to your study. You will be appointed on a temporary basis for six months with the possibility to extend to one year. The salary will be according to the Student Assistant scale of the CAO of Dutch Universities.
In order to be allowed to work as a Student Ambassador, in accordance with Dutch Labour Law, you will need to have a Dutch health insurance, additionally, if you are from outside the European Union, you will need to have a residence permit that allows you to work in the Netherlands.
Information and application
For more information on this position, please contact: Femke Stokkel, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, send your application letter and CV before 15 August to the same email address.