Job opening: Technical Student Assistant
The Research Support Department of the Leiden University’s Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences is looking for a Technical Student Assistant (0.3 FTE: 11.4 hours per week).
Apply for this job before Thursday 30 September 2021 (23:59 H.)!
- Testing various hardware and software;
- Writing and maintaining technical documentation;
- Other technical and administrative research support activities.
- Technical BSc/MSc student;
- Programming experience in at least a few of the abovementioned languages;
- Experience with OpenSesame, E-Prime, MATLAB and web development is an advantage;
- Affinity with electronics and prototyping is an advantage (Arduino, Raspberry Pi, CAD, etc.).
Depending on your current year of study, the compensation will be between € 693.00 and € 750.60 per month, gross, given a 0.3 FTE contract. The start and duration of the employment, as well as the working days, are negotiable.
About the department
The Psychology and Education and Child Studies institutes of the Leiden University’s Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences are making increasing use of physiological data acquisition technology, such as EEG, ECG, Blood Pressure, eye-tracking, in their experimental research. The usage of these devices, and the analysis of the data they produce, are supported by a small team of research and lab technicians and engineers. Due to a strong increase in such research being performed at the faculty, SOLO — its research support department (Dutch: “Support voor Onderzoek, Laboratoria & Onderwijs”) — is looking to expand its team with a technical student assistant.
If you want to know more about this job, please email ir. Elio Sjak-Shie: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want to apply for this job, please email your CV and motivation as soon as possible but at the latest 30 September 2021 to ir. Elio Sjak-Shie: email@example.com.