Update coronavirus: from 30 August, university will be open for on-campus education
The 1.5-metre distancing rule within the university can be dropped. From 30 August, this measure no longer applies in MBO (intermediate vocational education), HBO (higher vocational education) and universities.
We are pleased that the situation is slowly returning to normal, but naturally we want this to happen gradually and safely. We are currently discussing with the faculties and the Association of Universitites in the Netherlands (VSNU) precisely how we will implement this ruling. At the present time, we are assuming the following:
- The 1.5-metre distancing measure will be dropped within the university with effect from 30 August.
- Education will be completely open from that date.
- A maximum of 75 students per lecture room does apply. Every study programme is currently working out how this can be organised, so for details please follow the information provided by your study programme.
- This maximum number also applies to exams, diploma presentations and all other activities in our university buildings.
- From 30 August, the use of a facemask is compulsory when you are moving around in university buildings. You can remove your facemask once you are at your work or study place.
- For the University Libraries you are still required to use the reservation system, and please check the libary's website before your visit for the latest news on measures.
For the whole message and more information, we refer you to the corrona dossier.