Vacancy: Five enthusiastic student volunteers for Humanities Leiden 2022!
In 2022, Leiden will be the European City of Science. This means a year of art and science for everyone in and around Leiden. Of course, the Faculty of Humanities is also participating!
We are looking for student volunteers who want to represent a cluster of study programs in the ambassadors committee for Humanities Leiden 2022. Would you like to gain experience in (co-)organising events? Are you meticulous, representative, proactive, and would you like to do something more for your faculty? Then this opportunity is definitely something for you!
We are looking for ambassadors for the following clusters:
- Cluster I: Dutch language and culture/Dutch Studies, English language and culture, French language and culture, Greek and Latin language and culture, German language and culture;
- Cluster II: China Studies, Japan Studies, Korea Studies, South and Southeast Asian Studies;
- Cluster III: Ancient Near Eastern Studies, Middle Eastern Studies, Religious Studies;
- Cluster IV: African Languages and Cultures, Latin America Studies, Russian Studies;
- Cluster V: History, Art History/Arts, Media, and Society, Film and Literary Studies and Philosophy.
What are you going to do?
From October 2021 to September 2022 you will work as a volunteer in a team of students from other studies. From October to December 2021 this will be approximately 4 to 6 hours per month and from January 2022 you can count on approximately 6 to 8 hours per month. As a student volunteer for Humanities Leiden 2022, you participate in various activities. Think about:
- Promoting Humanities Leiden 2022 and maintaining contact with students and lecturers from your relevant cluster;
- Co-organizing and coordinating workshops and activities for Humanities Leiden 2022;
- Other activities, ranging from writing news stories and contributing to social media to helping out at other events.
What do we offer you?
A fun and varied position as an ambassador on a voluntary basis within the Leiden2022 Humanities Committee, where you get the opportunity to learn more about the faculty as an organisation and organising events. Furthermore, this position is a nice addition to your studies and CV and gives you the opportunity to expand your network.
Is this something for you?
Send your CV and a short motivation (max. 300 words) to Christine Smittenaar, head of Communications & Marketing to: FGWleiden2022@hum.leidenuniv.nl
You can respond up to and including 19 September 2021. After your application you will receive an invitation for a short introductory meeting.
For more information, please contact Sanne van de Haar, student assistant Leiden2022 Faculty of Humanities, via firstname.lastname@example.org