Update 20 December 2021: lockdown and next week's education
Saturday evening a full lockdown was announced by the Dutch Government. We would like to inform you that this lockdown also applies to higher education and will last until 9 January 2022. We are aware that this will have a major impact on your studies and your home situation and we are taking the necessary steps to ensure that the last week before winter break will wrap up as smoothly as possible. Here are the most important points to take into consideration for classes and course related activities taking place between Monday 20 December and 24 December 2021.
- All in-person teaching has been cancelled with the exception of practicals such as moot court.
- Information on any course-specific changes will be provided through the BrightSpace.
- Examinations will continue as planned.
- The library is open this week and study spaces at the Kamerlingh Onnes Building remain accessible for students who do not have proper facilities to study at home. Bookings can be made via the online booking system Sharedesk.
- The library will be closed from December 27-31 but it will still be possible to study on site. Further information will be communicated this week.
- Physical graduation ceremonies in December are cancelled. Students will receive further information from the Onderwijs Informatie Centrum (OIC).
- In week 1 of the new year 2022, information will be provided about the second semester of 2022 (start week 5).
- Our international students can partake in online classes if it is not possible to travel to the Netherlands in early 2022.
- All student events planned at the Kamerlingh Onnes Building in the period mentioned above are cancelled.
- Always do the Corona check before coming to university buildings.
- The continuing uncertainty about the coronavirus situation is very challenging for everyone, especially mentally. Much information and support is available to help you through these difficult times
- If you have any concerns, seek support or contact your Study Adviser.
If you have questions about these measures, consult this website for all up-to-date information.
All the best during this lockdown. Take good care of yourself and your loved ones.