Are you (to be) a second year master’s student? Apply for the Joint Interdisciplinary Project!
The Joint Interdisciplinary Project of the TU Delft is looking for second year master’s students of Leiden University with diverse study backgrounds, that are up for an interdisciplinary challenge.
What is the Joint Interdisciplinary Project (JIP)?
The JIP is an exceptional opportunity to incorporate interdisciplinary teamwork into your master. You will work with passionate fellow students and companies in technical innovation on a business case to create innovative impact. Teams will be able to think beyond their field of expertise, deepen their analytic and creative skills all the while sharing their disciplinary knowledge.
Students will get the guidance required to realize the change and get a taste of both success and failure to become resilient in the face of obstacles. The projects are focused on integrated design or research assignments, in addition to value adding, societal acceptance and engineering ethics.
Participants will receive 15 EC after completion of the programme, which they may include in their regular master’s curriculum at Leiden University. The possibilities for this may depend on your master's programme. If you wish to make use of this option, please contact your study advisor.
Who can participate in the JIP?
In 2021, 185 students took part in the JIP. Interdisciplinary project teams of four to five master’s students worked together full time, for ten weeks.
Next academic year (2022-2023) around 200 students can start in Q1 at TU Delft. There is room for 20 students of Leiden University. You can apply if:
- You are a 2nd-year master’s student or you have almost completed the first year of the master’s degree programme and will enroll in your second year in September 2022
- And you are full time available (40 hours per week for 10 weeks) in Q1 (from September 5th onwards)
How to apply?
The application process consists of a number of steps, each with their own deadline. If you want to apply, please take notice of the information below.
- Up to May 1st, interested students can sent an e-mail to the assessor of the Honours Academy, Wessel van Dam, with their name, student number, study programme and study year. The assessor will arrange a Brightspace account for you at TU Delft.
- April 25th, applications open on TU Delft’s Brightspace. The week before, more detailed information about the business cases will be made available. When applying, please fill in: JIP application form on Brightspace, CV, motivation letter and your top-3 company cases.
- May 16th is the final day students can apply at TU Delft’s Brightspace.
Students will be selected on the basis of motivation, study progress and recommendation.
- Open for applications: April 25th - may 16th 2022
- Selection period: May 2022
- Announcement teams: June 7th 2022
On April 14th, from 16:00 – 17:00, a small interest drink will be organized by the JIP team and two students from Leiden University that participated in last year’s JIP edition. They will talk about their experiences and answer all your questions about JIP. You can sign up for this event by filling out this short form.
Check out www.jointinterdisciplinaryproject.nl for more detailed information about the Joint Interdisciplinary Project.