Vacancy Student-Assistant PERSPECTIVE Events
The Campus The Hague Student Wellbeing team is looking for a Student-Assistant (0,1 fte/4 hours a week) to organise events for the PERSPECTIVE programme.
As SA for PERSPECTIVE events, you will be involved in all aspects of the organization of the events. Tasks include the following:
- Proactively sourcing event topics.
- Communication with facilities management, faculty event coordinators and other relevant parties in preparation of the events.
- Project coordination, execution, and management of in-person events. This includes attending events to ensure control and execution on time as well as coordinating materials (e.g. decks, videos, captioning, etc.)
- Identifying potential issues before events, reporting on issues to request support as needed.
- Work with the communications team to develop and create promotion materials for events and open registration.
- Working together with study associations, POPcorner and other relevant parties in execution of the events.
- Develop and analyse post-event communications and surveys and make recommendations for improvements.
PERSPECTIVE aims to redefine the meaning of being successful to include a wellbeing perspective. The current definition of successful is applied to students and alumni who are ‘extraordinary’ (that is to say people who did many extracurricular activities while studying, who have a high ranking position within a company, etc.). By broadcasting only this definition of successful, the extraordinary becomes ordinary, which places unreasonable expectations on students. By organising PERSPECTIVE events, we shed fresh light on the meaning of successful. Examples of possible events are “Failing Forwards” and “Stress to Impress” events.
Are you an advanced student at Campus The Hague (third year or masters), and do you have affinity with the theme Student Wellbeing? Then we are looking for you. In addition we are looking for someone who:
- Is proactive and creative;
- Has a knack for organising events;
- Is professional in their communications with both internal and external parties;
- Preferably speaks English and Dutch.
- Duration 1 May t/m 31 December 2022
- 4 hours a week
- The salary is according to the applicable classification for student assistants (min. SA2 €2110 and max. SA3 €2260 for a 38-hour working week).
Diversity and inclusion
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.
To apply for this position, please send an email to email@example.com (Wellbeing Officer Campus The Hague) including an up to date CV and motivation letter of no more than 1A4. Application deadline is April 11th, 17.00 h. Candidates will be invited for an interview around the end of April.