Job Vacancy: Student Ambassador for CSM Master's programme
We are looking for two student ambassadors CSM; for the specialisation Cybersecurity Governance and for the specialisation War and Peace Studies.
As a student ambassador, you help recruit new undergraduate students. This entails on the one hand helping organise various activities for prospective students and on the other hand delivering presentations to prospective students during the master’s week. It is a varied job with many responsibilities and challenges.
As a Student Ambassador you work for the Leiden University Faculty of Governance and Global Affairs and with the Institute for Security and Global Affairs. You are in close contact with the communication departments of Leiden University and the study coordinator of the Master Crisis and Security Management.
You will also work with Unibuddy. UniBuddy is an online platform on the Leiden University website that makes communication between prospective and current students easy. Prospective students get information from current students and a student's perspective on what studying at Leiden University really looks like.
Together with the study coordinator and a communication advisor, you will
- help organising the Master’s Open Days, and give presentations (online and live) about the programme and student life on these events;
- coordinate and organise all student for a day events;
- help create and update the material for prospective students;
- answer questions via Unibuddy;
- coordinate the team of student information officers.
The student ambassador
We are looking for an enthusiastic student from the Crisis and Security Management Master's programme with the following competencies and skills:
- Enthusiastic about the degree programme;
- Good social and communcation skills;
- Fluency in English (spoken and written), Dutch is a big plus;
- Feel comfortable speaking in front of a large audience and/or a camera;
- Organisational talent;
- Sense of responsibility;
- Open and active attitude;
10 November & 11 November: Master's Open Days
20-24 February: Online Master's Experience Week
13-17 March: On Campus Master's Experience Week
Term of employment
The position is for 4 hours per week on average. We are looking for students who can start 15 October and who is available till September 2023 and particularly during our recruitment activities.
More information and how to apply
If you have any questions, please contact Benedicte Dobbinga.
Email your application letter (including your student registration number) and curriculum vitae as soon as possible and no later than 3 October to Benedicte Dobbinga, communication adviser, email@example.com. Interviews will be held on 7 or 11 October, Wijnhaven.