Internship vacancy: Nieuw Dakota
Nieuw Dakota has space for two interns again!
Nieuw Dakota is an exhibition space for contemporary art, located at the former NDSM-wharf in Amsterdam-North. We offer a versatile programme where exhibitions and performance nights alternate. At Nieuw Dakota artists challenge themselves and the public to experiment.
Period: start in June/July 2023 (or at another time in consultation)
Duration: 4 to 6 months, 3 to 4 days a week (in consultation)
Are you interested in contemporary art and would you like to work in an international art institution and gain experience in the cultural field? Then this internship might be for you.
What are your tasks?
- Assisting with the organisation and production of exhibitions and peripheral programming
- Assisting with marketing and PR of the whole programme;
- Preparing newsletters and maintaining the website;
- Developing and executing guided tours for different publics;
- Welcoming, informing and guiding visitors;
- Nieuw Dakota is open to the interns’ own ambitions and invites you to realise your these ambitions.
Who are we looking for?
Nieuw Dakota is looking for someone with an affinity for contemporary art. Further characteristics
we are looking for in an intern are:
- Follows a HBO- or WO-education (preferably with cultural orientation);
- Has a hospitable and open attitude;
- Is independent, assertive and disciplined;
- Is available on at least 1 weekendday;
What do we offer?
An internship at Nieuw Dakota means a versatile package of opportunities, lots of space for your own input and a dynamic working atmosphere. Nieuw Dakota consists of a small, experienced team of which you will be a full member. You will experience the functioning and development of an international art institute from close by and you will be able to gain many contacts within the arts field. An expense allowance is available.
For more information and applications (short motivation letter and CV) please contact Layla van Steen at email@example.com.