Universiteit Leiden

nl en

Education, Facility

Know where to go in the MA and ResMA Archaeology

24 August 2023

Study Advisers

For practical and personal issues. We are here to help. What you share is confidential.

  • Study skills
  • Planning and course extensions
  • Study programme
  • Stress & well-being
  • Studying with personal circumstances: physical disabilities (for example ADHD, ASS/dyslexia), but also family issues, illness, family care, pregnancy, etc.

E-mail: studyadvisers@arch.leidenuniv.nl

Whom to contact for administrative questions?

Frontoffice Student Affairs (Plexus, Student Centre)

  • Finances
  • Enrolment process
  • Visa

Contact: (#31)(0)71 527 2727

Administration Education Office Archaeology

  • uSis
  • Brigthspace
  • MyStudyMap
  • Course enrolment
  • Graduation
  • Grades lists

E-mail: onderwijs@arch.leidenuniv.nl.

When to contact the Board of Examiners?

Always first consult the Study Adviser

  • Changes in your programme
  • Extra-curricular activities/courses
  • Thesis extensions
  • Exemptions
  • Plagiarism: Make sure you know what plagiarism is and what the possible consequences are

See the website of the Board of Examiners for more information.

Complaint procedures

  • Disagreeing with a decision
  • Unacceptable behaviour
  • Improper treatment
  • Academic integrity
  • Malpractice
  • Other types of complaint

See for more information and contact the website.

Other services

  • Well-being: find out how you can boost your well-being and whom you can turn to for support
  • Exchange: would you like to study abroad?
  • Career Service: preparing for your future career. You can meet with the career adviser for individual guidance. Or you can take a look at the Career Zone website for career planning, tests, workshops, and events.
  • Get started: explanation and information about anything library related, like LU-Card, catalogue, borrowing books, databases, etc.

Study association

L.A.S. Terra

Important for Master and Research Master

  • Electives: within your MA you have some elective space, which you can fill out using either Archaeology courses, or courses from other programmes at the University. You need permission from the Board of Examiners if you take any course not already mentioned in the Prospectus. Please note that courses below level 400 will not be accepted.
  • Internship: you have to find and arrange your own internship if you want to partake in one. Your specialisation leaders can help you decide what is a useful path for you to take. See the website for more information.
  • Thesis: you have to start with your thesis soon, because the programme is short. Discuss your thoughts and ideas with your specialisation leader, or with one of the examiners who can supervise your (R)MA thesis. See the link for a list of MA examiners or RMA examiners. Further information is on the Brightspace page for your thesis group.
  • Research Master's: for the RMA you need to fill out a form for your personal study plan. If you have not done so already, contact the Study Advisers to request the form. Also, if you need help figuring out the right path, please contact them.
This website uses cookies.