Conference | Seminar & Workshops
Digital Education Seminar
- Thursday 28 January 2021
- Online Event
2020 has been a challenging and hectic year for all of us. The University made the enormous shift to emergency remote teaching, and then to hybrid education on campus. We've tried out new forms of teaching, learning, collaborating and have been exposed to new tools and ways for working. Overall it has been a big transformation.
Join us on January 28th to reflect on our experience and lessons learned in 2020 and look forward to 2021
In this digital seminar we will ask attendees to consider: What have we achieved in online & blended education, and where do we go from here? What can stay, what can improve and what should we stop doing in 2021?
The seminar will have a diverse selection of workshops relevant for anyone involved in education at Leiden University in 2020 and 2021, including lecturers, support staff, students and policy makers. You'll be able to choose from presentations on best practices and lessons learned, creative sessions on using tools and media in education, reflections on our way of working in education, hands-on workshops and more.
Programme:13:30-14:00 Introduction from Hester Bijl & a review of 2020
14:00-14:30 Workshop Session 1 More information on all of the workshops can be found here.
- Redesign your course with Learning Experience Design - Daniek Bosch & Emma Wiersma
- Activating Online Students - Daan Romein
- Using Cerego to Improve Learning Retention - Ludo Juurlink
- 21st Century Testing and Assessment - Mario de Jonge
- Improve your home recordings - Thomas Ginn, Monika Theron
- Creative Video Editing Tips for Teachers - Amber Gerritsen
- What can we learn from a student perspective? - Saskia Postema & Tim Wuisman
- Get more out of your online tools - CFI & Brightspace team
- Take Advantage of Collaborative Online Learning - Jan Sleutels
- Inclusion: better education for all - Aya Ezawa
14:40 - 15:10 Workshop Session 2: Workshops will repeat in session 2.
15:10 - 15:30 Closing & reflections
Are you interested in attending? You can sign up here.
Do you have questions or want to be involved? Get in touch with us here.