Job fairs & career events
Another good way of preparing yourself for the job market, as well as working on your skills, is visiting job and career fairs. On this page you can find an overview of some of the university’s general and faculty-specific career events.
Do you want to know what the job market has in store for you? Visit one of the career events below and speak to potential employers. Prepare yourself well for a visit to a job fair by:
- Taking a look at the programme and stall holders
- Deciding what you want to do and who you want to speak to
- Making a list of questions you want to ask potential employers
- Making sure your LinkedIn page is up to date
Career events at Leiden University
- Science Career Event (Stichting Beta Banenmarkt)
- Events organised by BIL Public Administration Interdisciplinary Study Association
- National Jurist & Work Days (in Dutch)
- Humanities Career Event
- Events organised by PIL Political Science & International Relations Study Association
- Social Sciences Faculty Career Orientation Day (FLO)
Carrier events outside the university
Leiden Archaeological Career Event
LACE (Leiden Archaeological Career Event) is an annual faculty career event, often organised in May.
You can attend lectures, gain practical tips and meet with professionals in the field of Archaeology. Very helpful for your job market preparation!
Time to work on your career!
The Archaeology Career Service often organises CareerTime events for all students at the faculty.
What if I can’t make it to CareerTime?
You are welcome to make an appointment with one of the Career Advisers via telephone number +31 71 527 8025.
You can also attend other career events and workshops offered by the Career Services.