Job fairs & career events
Another good way of preparing yourself for the job market, as well as working on your skills, is visiting job and career fairs. On this page you can find an overview of some of the university’s general and faculty-specific career events.
Do you want to know what the job market has in store for you? Visit one of the career events below and speak to potential employers. Prepare yourself well for a visit to a job fair by:
- Taking a look at the programme and stall holders
- Deciding what you want to do and who you want to speak to
- Making a list of questions you want to ask potential employers
- Making sure your LinkedIn page is up to date
Career events at Leiden University
- Science Career Event (Stichting Beta Banenmarkt)
- Events organised by BIL Public Administration Interdisciplinary Study Association
- National Jurist & Work Days (in Dutch)
- Humanities Career Event
- Events organised by PIL Political Science & International Relations Study Association
- Social Sciences Faculty Career Orientation Day (FLO)
Carrier events outside the university
Many different career events are organised for science students by universities, individual companies and commercial organisations. The range changes every year and is so diverse that we cannot provide a complete and up-to-date overview. Below we mention a number of large events aimed at or interesting for science students.
Science Career Event
The Science Career Event, or Bètabanenmarkt in Dutch, is the main career event of the Faculty of Science at Leiden University. With more than 1000 visitors and over 50 participating organisations, it is Leiden's biggest science career event. You can meet a large number of employers on the information market, attend one of the workshops or attend business presentations.
The Science Career Event takes place annually in March. For more information and the date of the upcoming edition, visit the Science Career Event website.
Other Career events
Event calendar Astronomy
Please find below an overview of all career events relevant to Astronomy bachelor's students. For more information, visit the tab Career orientation in the e-Prospectus of the Astronomy bachelor's programme.
Questions about the calendar below? Contact the Astronomy Study Advisor.