Job fairs & career events
Another good way of preparing yourself for the job market, as well as working on your skills, is visiting job and career fairs. On this page you can find an overview of some of the university’s general and faculty-specific career events.
Do you want to know what the job market has in store for you? Visit one of the career events below and speak to potential employers. Prepare yourself well for a visit to a job fair by:
- Taking a look at the programme and stall holders
- Deciding what you want to do and who you want to speak to
- Making a list of questions you want to ask potential employers
- Making sure your LinkedIn page is up to date
Career events at Leiden University
- Science Career Event (Stichting Beta Banenmarkt)
- Events organised by BIL Public Administration Interdisciplinary Study Association
- National Jurist & Work Days (in Dutch)
- Humanities Career Event
- Events organised by PIL Political Science & International Relations Study Association
- Social Sciences Faculty Career Orientation Day (FLO)
Carrier events outside the university
Time to work on your career!
The Career Service of Social and Behavioural Sciences often organises CareerTime events for all students at the faculty: a Career Market or a Career College.
Visit the market a.o. for a CV or LinkedIn profile check, get in contact with organisations that provide part-time or voluntary jobs, get information about the alumni mentor network and ask the Career Services counsellors your career questions.
Alumni from specific fields (a.o. policy, consultancy, started their own company) will tell you about their jobs, how they found their jobs, what they have done in order to get them and will give you useful tips and advice.
Check the Workshop Calendar for CareerTime events!
What if I can’t make it to CareerTime?
You are welcome to make an individual appointment with a Career Counsellor at the Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences or visit the open hour.
You can also attend other career events and workshops offered by the Career Services.
Faculty Career Orientation Day
The Faculty Career Orientation Day is organized to give students from the Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences a better perspective on their future opportunities. What do you as a psychology, child and educational studies, cultural anthropology or political science student have to offer the labor market? How can you maximize your chances?
Read more on their website: http://www.floleiden.nl