Beehive Student Centre
Beehive Student Centre
2511 DC The Hague
- Opening hours
Monday to Friday: 08.00 - 22.00 hrs
Saturday and Sunday: 10.00 - 18.00 hrs
Only accessible to Leiden University's students and staff, in posession of valid LU-Card
Leiden University and the city of The Hague are committed to creating a better student environment in The Hague. Situated opposite Wijnhaven Building, Beehive Student Centre acts as a meeting place for students and staff. There are advanced sports facilities for students and staff, and office facilities for student organisations and study associations. Students can go there for the services provided by Student Support Services.
Beehive opened in October 2018. The new fitness room – The Buzz – opened on 1 October on the second floor and a number of different student organisations (including ESN CS The Hague, Leiden University Green Office, the HOP week and several study associations) and university departments (such as JobMotion, the Academic Language Centre and Student Support Services) are also now located there. From 15 October the study room on the fourth floor is also open for use.
- Beehive offers Extensive sports facilities. Students and staff can attend group lessons for, among others, yoga and gladiator and make use of a modern fitness room. There you will find free weights and top-of-the-range equipment for cardio and strength exercise that can be completely personalised. Your eGym account remembers your settings and training levels and provides for different methods and a more varied training routine. In combination with circuit training, this allows you to make progress faster. More information on fitness centre The Buzz.
- Cultural activities room for performances, gatherings and group lessons, i.e. yoga and gladiator.
- ESN CS The Hague's Common Room for international students
- Study room
- Secondment agency Jobmotion, Academic Language Centre, Ombuds officer, student psychologists, counsellors and career experts of the Student Support Services department's can also be found at Beehive.
Beehive offers these office facilities to student organisations and study associations:
- use of computers, printers/copiers and and own locked closet space
- open work stations or office space
- use of meeting facilties and rooms
Is your (international) student organisation or The Hague-based study association interested in using the facilities Beehive offers? Fill in the form and you will receive more information.
Only if your organisation meets these requirements, you may submit a request:
- registration with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce
- relation with Leiden University
- no commercial activities or profit objective