Nominate your favourite lecturer
Are you a student at Leiden University and do you think you have the best lecturer? And is his or her teaching innovative and interactive? Now's your chance to nominate your chosen lecturer for the 2019 Leiden Teaching Prize!
Not only does the prize give the winning lecturer membership of the Leiden Teachers’ Academy, he or she will also be the lucky recipient of a grant of 25,000 euros.
Why this lecturer?
You and a group of four students can use the nomination form to submit your nomination for block 1. You need to explain not only why your lecturer deserves to win the teaching prize, but also why he or she meets all the criteria indicated below. Later this year you can also nominate lecturers for later blocks. The winner of the Teaching Prize is announced during the opening of the academic year in September.
• The lecturer is actively engaged in self-improvement and in improving his or her teaching;
• The lecturer has many creative ideas for conveying knowledge during the lectures and so plays a role in teaching innovation within the field and within Leiden University;
• The lecturer has an obvious affinity with the field and passion for the subject, and knows how to get this across to students by building a bridge to the job market, current issues and research;
• The lecturer not only teaches, but also guides students in their personal development;
• The lecturer ensures that students are stimulated and that they play an active part in the lectures.
Nominate your lecturer via this link.
If you have any questions about the nomination or about other aspects of the Teaching Prize, please contact Ghislaine Voogd, chair of the Leiden University Student Platform via email@example.com.