Help to shape innovation in your own education
Ever thought things could go better and faster at the University? Good news: this means you have an opinion and your experience makes you an expert. The project Students as Partners (StAP) needs people just like you.
Students as Partners
Students as Partners is a project in which you, the student, can propose and execute your own innovation idea to improve the learning experience. Your idea will be about innovation in education in your programme, your faculty or the entire University. How you want to achieve this is up to you. You will investigate in a team of 2 or 3 students whether your plan is feasible and you will try it out in practice in collaboration with staff members through an intervention. There will be a project budget for your intervention available.
Within the theme learning experience, your project can be about anything, except about changing the content of a module. It can be about making the university more sustainable, from preventing student burnout to improving students' employability; anything you find important! Besides your topic the intervention in your project is not fixed. In the project you will research which intervention suits your projects best. For your research you will use the method Action Research. This gives you the best practice-based result for your idea.
- Improve your own learning experience
- Training in Action Research
- Possible publication
- Enlarge your network
- Compensation: Financial or ECTS *
* more info on www.universiteitleiden.nl/studentsaspartners.
The conditions of this project are that you are a student from Leiden University and you work together with staff members from the university. You do not have to execute your idea on your own. You will also receive support in developing your research and training in executing your project. In the last month of your project, you will write a recommendation report addressed to the faculty board, based on your research.
How much time you spend on the project depends on its scope and if you work in a team of two or three students. Four to eight hours a week for your project is probably about right. As you are the project leader, you can determine how you divide your time. A project can at maximum take up to ten months.
Application and deadlines
- Before 2 February 2020, apply for the Students as Partners project by sending an email with your innovation idea to email@example.com.
- After receiving your application, we will invite you to an interview between the 3 and 14 February, during which we will discuss your ideas and how you can put them down in our application form.
- By 16 February, you must return the completed application form to us.
- We will then give you feedback on the application and you will have until 1 March to make any changes and submit your final Students as Partners application to us.
- We will make a selection of projects that will be accepted as Students as Partners projects. We will let you know by the 9 March whether your project has been chosen. If this is the case, you will be able to start on the project that same day.
For more information, go to www.universiteitleiden.nl/studentsaspartners. There you will find answers to frequently asked questions, descriptions of concluded and existing StAP-projects and their impact, and information about the research method Action Research that is part of the project.