New Platform for Internships: TRAIL is live!
Our students have much to offer both public and private organisations. Therefore, FGGA wants to match students and organisations more effectively by developing a new internship tool. TRAIL: the new internship platform of Leiden's Faculty of Governance and Global Affairs.
Erwin Muller, Dean FGGA: ‘It goes without saying that we regularly look for a link to practice in all our courses. We prepare our students intensively for their future work and their working environment. An important part is to complete an internship during their bachelor or master studies. To make sure that our students find the internship that is right for them and to facilitate the organizations and companies that offer internships as well as possible, we have developed our own internship database. This internship platform, called Trail, went live last week. I am very pleased that we as a faculty have taken this initiative and call on students, organizations and companies to register for free to ensure that we can help each other better.’
The main features of the system
- As all internship vacancies for FGGA students are brought together in one place, students easily find the internship that suits them.
- The platform also offers the possibility of providing short-term projects and part-time internships.
- Both students and organisations create a profile. This allows organisations to search in a database of qualified and enthusiastic students, and to approach suitable students directly based on their profile, expertise and interests.
- Participation is free of charge for both students and organisations.
- The platform is also suitable for international organisations and students.