The Leiden Assessors Committee (LAssO) is responsible for the allocation of financial support for student board members and co-participation activities. It also offers subsidies for interfaculty initiatives.
Financial support for student board members and co-participation
The Leiden Assessors Committee (LAssO) allocates financial support from 4 sources of funds: the A, B, C and Other pot.
- The A pot is intended for board members of recognised study associations, or student members of programme committees, programme administrations or faculty counsels.
- The B pot is intended for board members and organisers of activities with an academic purpose.
- The C pot is intended for students who help with job-market orientation activities for Leiden students.
- The ‘Other’ pot is intended for other organisations that do not meet the criteria for the A, B or C pots. The Student and Educational Affairs department (SEA) will evaluate whether these organisations are eligible for financial support.
The A pot is intended for board members of recognised study associations, or student members of programme committees, programme administrations or faculty counsels. If you fall into one of these categories, your faculty assessor can tell you how to request financial support. If you have any preliminary questions, contact your faculty assessor.
To be eligible for funds from the B, C or Other pot, your activity must meet the following requirements:
- No other board member funding has been requested for the activity
- There is no faculty board funding for the activity
- No study credits are awarded for the activity.
- The organisation is not be affiliated with the Local Chamber of Associations (PKvV). Such activities are funded instead by the PKvV itself.
For more information on specific requirements, take a look at the Model toekenning bestuursmaanden (in Dutch).
Before the activity
Discuss with the assessor responsible for board member financial support whether you can request funds from the B, C or Other pot. You can contact him/her via: lassobeurs@SEA.leidenuniv.nl
Step by step guide: Requesting financial support for board membership
- Take a look at the document Model toekenning bestuursmaanden (in Dutch).
- Upon completion of the (board) activity, submit an application to your assessor via lassobeurs@SEA.leidenuniv.nl. This must consist of:
- a breakdown of hours (based on a maximum of 140 available hours per month, of which no more than a quarter were spent in meetings);
- an annual report;
- a letter of motivation, using the ‘calculation model’ – see Appendix-Model toekenning bestuursmaanden (in Dutch).
- If this is a new activity, make sure you have advance approval from the the Student and Educational Affairs department (SEA).
- The deadline for submission is 1 August or 10 December. If your activity took place in late July or August, the assessor may extend your deadline to the end of August. Discuss this with him or her during your meeting.
- The LAssO will review your application and issue advice to the Student and Educational Affairs department (SEA). SEA will then check that this advice has been correctly drawn up and issue a definitive decision on the awarding of funds. You will receive this decision by both email and post.
- Once the amount of funds has been determined, submit the forms below, either in person at the secretariat of the Student Support Service at Plexus, or by email to email@example.com.
If you have any questions about submitting an application, contact your faculty assessor via lassobeurs@SEA.leidenuniv.nl.
Subsidy for interfaculty initiatives
The LAssO also has funds from which interfaculty initiatives can be financed. Are you organising an event for students of more than one faculty and do you need financial support? If so, you may be eligible for the Interfaculty Initiatives (IFI) subsidy. For information on how to request a subsidy, see the Guidelines Student Subsidy Interfaculty Initiatives (in Dutch).