The Leiden Assessors Committee (LAssO) is responsible for the allocation of financial support for student board members and co-participation activities. It also offers subsidies for interfaculty initiatives.
Financial support for student board members and co-participation
The Leiden Assessors Committee (LAssO) allocates financial support from 4 sources of funds: the A, B, C and Other pot.
- The A pot is intended for board members of recognised study associations, or student members of programme committees, programme administrations or faculty counsels.
- The B pot is intended for board members and organisers of activities with an academic purpose.
- The C pot is intended for students who help with job-market orientation activities for Leiden students.
- The ‘Other’ pot is intended for other organisations that do not meet the criteria for the A, B or C pots. The Student and Educational Affairs department (SEA) will evaluate whether these organisations are eligible for financial support.
The A pot is intended for board members of recognised study associations, or student members of programme committees, programme administrations or faculty counsels. If you fall into one of these categories, your faculty assessor can tell you how to request financial support. If you have any preliminary questions, contact your faculty assessor.
To be eligible for funds from the B, C or 'Other' pot, a number of requirements must be met:
- No other board member funding has been requested for the activity or board duties;
- No faculty funding has been granted for the activity or board duties;
- No study credits are awarded for the activity.
- The organisation is not affiliated with the Local Chamber of Associations (PKvV). These organisations instead receive funding from the PKvV itself.
For more information on specific requirements, take a look at the Appendix-Allocation model board member financial support.
How to submit a request
- Have you never previously requested board member funding for your organisation? Send a mail to email@example.com. Leiden University's board membership committee will then discuss with the assessors whether your organisation is eligible to receive funds from the B, C or 'Other' pot. If this is the case, you can proceed to step 2.
- At the end of the board period, submit a request via lassobeurs@SEA.leidenuniv.nl. This must consist of:
- a breakdown of hours (based on a maximum of 140 available hours per month, of which no more than a quarter were spent in meetings);
- an annual report;
- a letter of motivation that takes into account the criteria to be met and states from which pot you wish to request funds - for this you can use the Appendix-Allocation model board member financial support (in Dutch).
When to submit a request
The deadline for submitting your request is 1 August. If you are unable to meet the deadline due to circumstances beyond your control, you may request an extension by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. You may then be granted an extension till 1 November.
- Based on your request and the allocation model, the LAssO will issue advice to Leiden University's board membership committee.
- Leiden University's board membership committee will contact you concerning the amount of funds you can receive and how to arrange receipt of funds.
If you have any questions about requesting funds via the B, C or 'Other' pot, send a mail to: lassobeurs@SEA.leidenuniv.nl.
Subsidy for interfaculty initiatives
The LAssO also has funds from which interfaculty initiatives can be financed. Are you organising an event for students of more than one faculty and do you need financial support? If so, you may be eligible for the Interfaculty Initiatives (IFI) subsidy. For information on how to request a subsidy, see the Guidelines Student Subsidy Interfaculty Initiatives (in Dutch).