Sustainable Humanities Internship Fund
The Sustainable Humanities Internship Fund has been set up especially for students at the Faculty of Humanities. The fund provides an allowance for the travel and living expenses that an internship outside of Europe entails.
- The day your internship starts
- Target group
- Bachelor, Master
- Countries/ nationalities
- Outside the European Economic Area
- Scholarship type
Background and aim
The Faculty Board has set up the Sustainable Humanities Internship Fund in order to increase the social relevance of the Humanities degree programmes and to improve the job prospects of students of the Humanities.
Aim of the fund
To enable students of the Faculty of Humanities to do an internship in a region outside the European Union, Iceland, Lichtenstein, Norway and Turkey.
The Sustainable Humanities Internship Fund programme is limited. The grants are processed on a first come first served basis.
In order to receive a grant you must meet the following requirements:
- You are enrolled as a student at Leiden University, Faculty of Humanities.
- You apply for the grant before the start of your internship. This is a strict requirement.
- At the time of application, you possess an approved internship outline (containing all signatures). This is a strict requirement.
- Your internship will be outside the European Economic Area, or in a country not within the Erasmus+ scholarship programme.
- The country or region of your internship has not been assigned one of the following classifications by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs: ‘We advise essential travel only’ or ‘We advise against all travel’.
- You have not previously received a grant from the Sustainable Humanities Internship Fund during your current degree programme.
- You are not applying for Lustra+ for the same purpose.
The scholarship consists of a one-time, lump sum of 1,000 euros, regardless of destination and duration of the internship.During academic year 2018-2019
MA African Studies student receive a lump sum of 2500 Euros. MA African Studies who apply for a scholarship from 1 September 2019 (i.e. during academic year 2019-2020) onward will receive a lump sum of 1250 Euros.
Please fill out both the application form as well as the payment request form. Carefully review the instructions on the forms. After completion of the forms you need to mail the forms to internship fund, together with the internship outline, signed all parties.
After receiving the necessary documents and meeting all requirements, you can expect the scholarship to be transferred to you in 30 days. When the budget is not sufficient, students will be informed as soon as possible.
Health and Safety
Please read the following guidelines carefully before you go abroad.