Leiden University Fund - Lutfia Rabbani Scholarship Fund
This fund is intended for students who have demonstrated exceptional academic excellence and a strong motivation to promote Euro-Arab dialogue.
- 31 March 2020
- Target group
- Countries/ nationalities
- Nationals of Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia, UAE, Yemen and Sudan.
- Scholarship type
- Archaeology, Humanities, Medicine/LUMC, Governance and Global Affairs, Law, Social and Behavioural Sciences, Science, Interfacultair Centrum voor Lerarenopleiding, Onderwijsontwikkeling en Nascholing (ICLON), African Studies Centre, International Institute for Asian Studies
The scholarship is intended for students who have been admitted to a one-year Master's programme at Leiden University and who are nationals of Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia, UAE, Yemen or Sudan.
- Once the awardee formally accepts the scholarship, the signed terms and conditions form a legal contract between the scholarship recipient, the Lutfia Rabbani Foundation and the Leiden University Fund.
- Scholarship recipients must submit a mid-year academic report.
- Within two months time of completion of their study programme at Leiden University, scholarship recipients must submit a report on their experiences to the Board of the Foundation. The Board of the Foundation reserves the right to edit the report for communication purposes.
- Within one year of completion of their study programme at Leiden University, scholarship recipients must complete a questionnaire provided by the Foundation to evaluate the impact of the scholarship.
Up to € 30,000 for one academic year (maximum), depending on tuition fees and budget.
Submit the following items by email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Completed, signed and dated application form
- Letter of admission to a one-year master's programme at Leiden University
- Letter of motivation (in English)
- Curriculum Vitae (in English)
- Copy of passport
- Copy of university diploma(s)/degree(s) with accompanying academic transcripts (with English translations)
- Two academic letters of reference
- A detailed description of the Master's programme to be followed at Leiden University (in English)
- Detailed budget overview: including tuition fee, estimated living expenses and details of any other scholarship applied for
The Leiden University Fund - Lutfia Rabbani Foundation scholarship is strengthened by a mentoring programme that offers scholarship recipients guidance on a personal and professional level and also provides access to the Foundation's extensive and diverse network and platforms. Students will engage in a two-way exchange leading to an appreciation of each others' cultures which is essential for building genuine understanding and dialogue.
The Lutfia Rabbani Foundation and the Leiden University Fund have joined forces to offer an annual scholarship that recognises students who demonstrate exceptional academic excellence and a strong motivation to promote Euro-Arab dialogue.
Visit the Lutfia Rabbani Foundation website, or contact the Foundation directly:
Lutfia Rabbani Foundation
P.O. Box 352
2501 CJ The Hague
Tel : +31 70 365 88 41