Leiden University South Africa scholarship - University of Pretoria
This Scholarship is intended for students of the University of Pretoria, South Africa, who would like to study at Leiden University for one or two semester(s) as part of an exchange programme.
- Leiden University deadline: 15 Oct (programmes starting Feb); 1 April (programmes starting Sept) / University of Pretoria deadline: see below
- Target group
- Bachelor, Master
- Countries/ nationalities
- No nationality restrictions
- Scholarship type
- Archaeology, Humanities, Medicine/LUMC, Governance and Global Affairs, Law, Social and Behavioural Sciences, Science, Interfacultair Centrum voor Lerarenopleiding, Onderwijsontwikkeling en Nascholing (ICLON), African Studies Centre, International Institute for Asian Studies
Students of the University of Pretoria, South Africa.
- be enrolled at the University of Pretoria.
- be preselected for a scholarship by the University of Pretoria.
- meet the standard admission requirements for exchange/study abroad students at Leiden University.
This scholarship cannot be combined with the Mandela Scholarship Fund.
- Each year one scholarship is available for a two-semester exchange programme (up to 10 months), OR
- two scholarships for a one-semester exchange programme (up to 5 months).
The scholarship includes:
- Living allowance: € 1,000 per month
- Submit your scholarship application to the University of Pretoria.
Contact the International & Postgraduate Specialist Consultant: Europe Countries, Ms Mahlogonolo Mphahlele, for information on application procedures and deadlines.
- Submit an online application for admission for an exchange/study abroad course at Leiden University.
- The University of Pretoria will review all scholarship applications and send the names of one or two selected students to Leiden University’s Scholarships Team.
- Within two weeks of admission to a Leiden University exchange programme, the Scholarships Team will notify the selected candidates about further procedures.
For more information about the application process at the University of Pretoria
Ms Mahlogonolo Mphahlele
International & Postgraduate Specialist Consultant: Europe Countries (Inbound & Outbound)
For more information about application procedure for exchange programmes at Leiden University
Send a mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The student is responsible for submitting a complete application, according to the steps described above and before the aforementioned deadline. Leiden University cannot be held responsible for late and/or incomplete applications.