Trustee Funds (Curatorenfondsen)
Trustee funds are intended to contribute towards the study costs of students who are unable to obtain other forms of financial support or loans.
- Contact a student counsellor for details
- Target group
- Bachelor, Master
- Countries/ nationalities
- All destinations can be considered
- Scholarship type
- Internship, Study, Research
- Archaeology, Humanities, Medicine/LUMC, Governance and Global Affairs, Law, Social and Behavioural Sciences, Science, Interfacultair Centrum voor Lerarenopleiding, Onderwijsontwikkeling en Nascholing (ICLON), African Studies Centre, International Institute for Asian Studies
For students who wish to undertake an activity abroad that is related to their Leiden University study programme.
Contact a student counsellor for information on eligibility requirements.
After completion of your study activity abroad, you must submit a report to the administrator of the fund. Your report should be approx. 3 pages long and describe the living and working environment, social life, customs, travel facilities etc. in your destination. Your report can remain anonymous if you prefer and will be available for other students to view at Student Support Services in Plexus.
The scholarship consists of:
- A contribution towards the cost of your study-related activity abroad, OR
- A one-off student travel subsidy for your study-related activity abroad
Submit the following documents, either in person at the information desk at Plexus Student Centre, or by post to:
SOZ / Student Counsellors
2300 RA Leiden
- Letter of motivation
Describe yourself, your reasons for wanting to go abroad and how the your studies abroad will fit into your curriculum. Also explain your financial situation, for example the amount of student finance or loan you receive, other sources of income and the financial situation of your parents.
Submit a budget showing all incoming and outgoing funds during the period in question. For example your rent in Leiden, income from sub-letting your room, cost of your accommodation abroad, student travel subsidy (OV kaart subsidie), insurances, study materials, travel costs whilst abroad. Include 5% for unforeseen additional costs.
- Curriculum vitae
Include your bank account number and citizen service number (BSN nummer) if you have one.
- Transcript of grades
This can be requested from your faculty or programme’s Education administration office.
- Letter of recommendation
From a lecturer, teacher or study adviser.
- Statement from DUO (if applicable)
A statement showing the amount of Dutch student finance you receive and the current amount of your Dutch student loan.
- In addition to the merits of the request, the applicant's financial situation is also taken into consideration.
- One-off travel subsidy requests are evaluated on the basis of fixed qualitative requirements in terms of the project and the achieved study results.
The student is responsible for submitting a complete application, according to the steps described above and before the aforementioned deadline. Leiden University cannot be held responsible for late and/or incomplete applications.