The Meeting Point
Furnished as a living room, the Meeting Point provides support, advice and community building for both refugee students and other students who need a little extra help navigating Dutch student life, for example international students, students from the Caribbean part of the Kingdom and first-generation students.
Corona virus: Meeting Point closed
As part of the measures to control the corona virus outbreak, the Meeting point is temporarily closed.
In the meantime, online support is available. If you have any questions, please call us 071 527 3597 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your understanding.
Stay safe and healthy.
Ynette Caupain & Lesage Munyemana
For refugee students
Leiden University supports refugee students by improving access to education, removing obstacles to academic success and encouraging contact with fellow students and staff. In doing so, we strive to contribute to an inclusive climate at Leiden University.
The Meeting Point is a place where you can meet other students with a refugee background, as well as buddies, staff and students of Leiden University. All university students and staff, both Dutch and international, are welcome.
For other students
Are you an international student or a student from the Caribbean part of the Kingdom, and do you need a little help navigating student life at Leiden University or Dutch society in general?
Or are you a first-generation student who needs a little extra help finding your way within the university?
The Meeting Point can offer advice, put you in touch with the right staff and services, and help you to settle into university life.
Information | Support | Networking
- Admission procedures: Chosen one of our programmes and want to apply? We can help you complete Leiden University’s application and admission procedures.
- Study skills: Having study-related difficulties, such as stress or concentration problems? We provide guidance on improving your approach to studying, thus enabling you to study more effectively.
- Student counselling: Personal problems getting in the way of your studies? Our team of professional counsellors can help you find a solution.
- Language skills: Having to learn a new language is difficult. Our multilingual team is well equipped to help you develop effective language-learning skills.
- Job application skills: Finished your bachelor’s or master’s programme and want to start looking for internships or jobs? We can provide advice on internship and job opportunities related to your specific area of study, and assist you in preparing job applications, resumes and cover letters.
- Financing your studies: Having trouble financing your studies? We can assist you in finding a solution.
- Housing: It is important to start arranging your student accommodation as early as possible. We can advise you where to look for student rooms in Leiden and The Hague.
- Social activities: We organise activities on a regular basis , to help bring you more into contact with your fellow students. For information on upcoming events, please check our Facebook page.
Follow our Facebook page for regular event updates.
Never miss an update! Get your name on the mailing list.
Meeting point: student experiences
Due to the selected cookie settings, we cannot show this video here.Watch the video on the original website or