The Meeting Point for Refugee Students
Furnished as a living room, the Meeting Point is especially for students who have recently come to the Netherlands after fleeing their own country.
Corona virus: Meeting Point closed
As part of the measures to control the corona virus outbreak, the Meeting point for refugee students is temporarily closed.
In the meantime, online support is available. If you have any questions, please call us 071 527 3597 or email us email@example.com
Thank you for your understanding.
Stay safe and healthy.
Ynette Caupain & Lesage Munyemana
Leiden University supports refugee students by improving access to education, removing obstacles to academic success and encouraging contact with fellow students and staff. In doing so, we strive to contribute to an inclusive climate at Leiden University.
The Meeting Point is a place where you can meet other students with a refugee background, as well as buddies, staff and students of Leiden University. All university students and staff, both Dutch and international, are welcome.
Information | Support | Networking
- Admission procedures: Chosen one of our programmes and want to apply? We can help you complete Leiden University’s application and admission procedures.
- Study skills: Having study-related difficulties, such as stress or concentration problems? We provide guidance on improving your approach to studying, thus enabling you to study more effectively.
- Student counselling: Personal problems getting in the way of your studies? Our team of professional counsellors can help you find a solution.
- Language skills: Having to learn a new language is difficult. Our multilingual team is well equipped to help you develop effective language-learning skills.
- Job application skills: Finished your bachelor’s or master’s programme and want to start looking for internships or jobs? We can provide advice on internship and job opportunities related to your specific area of study, and assist you in preparing job applications, resumes and cover letters.
- Financing your studies: Having trouble financing your studies? We can assist you in finding a solution.
- Housing: It is important to start arranging your student accommodation as early as possible. We can advise you where to look for student rooms in Leiden and The Hague.
- Social activities: We organise activities on a regular basis , to help bring you more into contact with your fellow students. For information on upcoming events, please check our Facebook page.
Follow our Facebook page for regular event updates.
Never miss an update! Get your name on the mailing list.