Universiteit Leiden

nl en


Additional facilities in the home might be both needed and welcome if you have a disability.

Leiden University Housing Office

Leiden University Housing Office mediates between international students and housing providers in Leiden and the Hague. If you are an international student with a disability and are looking for a room with additional facilities you can contact the Housing Office to ask if they have anything available. You should begin making enquiries several months before you start your studies and well in advance of student housing application deadlines as there are a limited number of rooms available.


DUWO is the largest student housing provider in the region. Please contact DUWO to check whether you are eligible for a priority ruling for students who have difficulties navigating their way through housing application procedures, or for students who require a specially adapted room due to medical reasons.

Adaptations to your home

EU citizens who live independently and require special adaptations to their homes may, in some circumstances, be able to request support on the grounds of the Social Support Act (Wet Maatschappelijke Ondersteuning – in Dutch). If you live in accommodation provided by DUWO student housing organisation please contact them directly with your request. All other students should contact fenestra@plexus.leidenuniv.nl.

This website uses cookies.