Advisory team for concerning or threatening behaviour
Have you been subjected to concerning or threatening behaviour by a fellow student, such as stalking, sexual harassment or threats? Are you worried that a fellow student might pose a danger to other students or staff? Or do you have concerns about abusive behaviour in the home? If so, you can turn to the advisory team for concerning or threatening behaviour.
The advisory team
Worried by the behaviour of a fellow student
Do you have concerns about the behaviour of a fellow student, either towards you or another student or staff member? The advisory team can:
- give advice on how to best tackle the situation;
- together with you, look into ways in which you could talk to the student about the issue;
- offer guidance or refer you to another adviser or guidance service within the university;
- get in touch with the appropriate person within or outside the university to discuss the behaviour of the student in question.
Worried about behaviour in the home
Do you have concerns about abusive behaviour in the home or suspect that a fellow student may be a victim of domestic abuse? The advisory team can:
- provide information on sources of help and advice, for example Veilig Thuis (Safe home);
- offer guidance or refer you to another adviser or guidance service within or outside the university;
- if this concerns another student, seek contact and encourage the student to talk to others about their situation, for example the advisory team, their study adviser, friends or other guidance services.
Concerns about your mental wellbeing?
Get in touch with the student psychologists.