International student adviser
Dutch student life is very new and often unfamiliar to international students. The international student adviser can help international students find their way in Leiden, The Hague and within the university.
This video can not be shown because you did not accept cookies.You can leave our website to view this video.
The international student adviser can provide information about a wide range of subjects such as:
- Student psychologists, counsellors, advisers and coordinators
- Training courses and workshops
- Complaints procedures
- Help with housing issues (except DUWO accommodation)
- Academic concerns
- Financial concerns
- Assistance in requesting a DigiD-code (required for rent and healthcare benefit)
- Questions about health insurance
- Requesting rent benefit
- Finding a doctor
- Childcare facilities
- General questions about living in the Netherlands and everyday matters
Open consultation hours
You are welcome to visit us during the open consultation hours in Leiden and The Hague.
Student Centre Plexus (Student Support Services)
Kaiserstraat 25 - Leiden
Monday and Wednesday 9:30 -12:00am.
Wijnhaven (Information desk on the second floor)
Turfmarkt 9, The Hague
Tuesday and Wednesday 1:30pm – 4pm
Organising an event
If you want to organise an event for international students and would like assistance from the university please get in touch with the international student adviser.