International student adviser
Dutch student life is very new and often unfamiliar to international students. The international student adviser can help international students find their way in Leiden, The Hague and within the university.
The international student adviser can provide information about a wide range of subjects such as:
- Student psychologists, counsellors, advisors and coordinators
- Training courses and workshops
- Complaints procedures
- Help with housing issues (except DUWO accommodation)
- Academic concerns
- Financial concerns
- Assistance in requesting a DigiD-code (required for rent and healthcare benefit)
- Questions about health insurance
- Requesting rent benefit
- Finding a doctor
- Childcare facilities
- General questions about living in the Netherlands and everyday matters
Open consultation hours
You are welcome to visit us during the open consultation hours in Leiden and The Hague.
Student Centre Plexus (PITSstop)
Kaiserstraat 25 - Leiden
Monday, Wednesday and Friday 9:30 -12:00am.
Wijnhaven (Information desk on the second floor)
Turfmarkt 9, The Hague
Tuesday and Thursday 1:30pm – 4pm.
Due to other commitments there will be no open consultation hours of the International Student Adviser in the Hague on 16 and 23 January.
Organising an event
If you want to organise an event for international students and would like assistance from the university please get in touch with the international student adviser.