International student adviser
Dutch student life is very new and often unfamiliar to international students. The international student adviser can help international students find their way in Leiden, The Hague and within the university.
The international student adviser can provide information about a wide range of subjects such as:
- Student psychologists, counsellors, advisors and coordinators
- Training courses and workshops
- Complaints procedures
- Help with housing issues (except DUWO accommodation)
- Academic concerns
- Financial concerns
- Assistance in requesting a DigiD-code (required for rent and healthcare benefit)
- Questions about health insurance
- Requesting rent benefit
- Finding a doctor
- Childcare facilities
- General questions about living in the Netherlands and everyday matters
Open consultation hours
Open consultation hours take place every Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 9:30 till 12:00 at Plexus Student Centre, Kaiserstraat 25, Leiden. You are also welcome to call (tel: 071 527 3245) or email the international student adviser to make an appointment.
Organising an event
If you want to organise an event for international students and would like assistance from the university please get in touch with the international student adviser.