Mentors and tutors
The Leiden Study System with binding study advice ensures that first year students are provided with good academic guidance. This guidance is given by tutors and mentors from your faculty or study programme.
A tutor is a lecturer who provides guidance to first year students and helps them acquire important academic skills.
A mentor is an (individual) supervisor who provides advice and helps students find their way, both academically and personally. Your mentor is your first point of contact should your encounter academic or personal problems. If required, he or she can refer you to other individuals or organisations for further assistance, for example study advisers, student counsellors, student psychologists or staff at Plexus Student Centre. Your mentor will be either a lecturer or a senior student.
Advisory group Master's programme in Biomedical Sciences
Students may contact the professors in this support group should they need advice in making their choices with regards to the possibilities within the master’s programme. For example: which FOS courses meet my interest and are, at the same time, a good preparation for my internship? What is the best place to do my internship? I would like to end up working in a specific profession, how do I get there? Should I keep my interests broad or should I specialise instead?
General information about your master's programme
Information about the possibilities within the master and advice with respect to the scheduling of your master’s programme:
- Dr. J. van der Zee (coordinator of the master’s programme): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. P.J.A. van den Broek (DOO): P.J.A.van_den_Broek@lumc.nl
Specific research areas expertise
Students can obtain advice with regards to specific research areas by contacting:
- Anatomy: Prof. Dr. M.C. de Ruiter: M.C.de_Ruiter@lumc.nl
- Endocrinology: Prof. Dr. P.C.N. Rensen: P.C.N.Rensen@lumc.nl
- Epidemiology: Prof. Dr. F.W. Dekker: email@example.com or Dr. B. Siegerink: B.Siegerink@lumc.nl (Epi-track)
- Genetics / Oncology: Prof. Dr. P. Devilee: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Genetics: Prof. Dr. D. Peters: D.J.M.Peters@lumc.nl
- Immunology / Clinic: Dr. M.J.D. van Tol: email@example.com
- Immunology / Pulmonary diseases: Prof. Dr. P.S. Hiemstra: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Infectious Diseases and Immunology: Dr. P.H. Nibbering: P.H.Nibbering@lumc.nl or M.Bax@lumc.nl (IIT track)
- Medical Statistics/Bio-informatics: Dr. B. Mertens: B.Mertens@lumc.nl
- Molecular Cell Biology: Dr. J v.d. Zee: J.van_der_Zee@lumc.nl
- Neuroscience: Dr. E. Lakke: E.A.J.F.Lakke@lumc.nl (Neurotrack)
- Parasitology: Dr. E.A. van Lieshout: E.A.email@example.com
- Reumatology: Prof. Dr. R.E.M. Toes: R.E.M.Toes@lumc.nl
- Surgery: Dr. P.J.K. Kuppen: P.J.K.Kuppen@lumc.nl
- Toxicogenetics: Dr. A. Pastink: A.Pastink@lumc.nl
- Vascular Medicine (Einthoven Laboratory): Dr. B.J.M. Vlijmen: B.J.M.van_Vlijmen@lumc.nl
- All the coordinators of FOS courses and other courses in the Master.
Please contact Dr. J. van der Zee