Your study adviser or coordinator is an expert on all aspects of your study programme, for example exam regulations, planning, academic issues, study delay etc.
Every study programme has a study adviser. If you are falling behind in your studies you must inform your study adviser right away. It is also wise to let your study adviser know as soon as possible if personal circumstances are threatening to have a negative impact on your studies.
What kind of information and advice can the study advisors give you?
The study advisors provide students with information and give advice on study-related matters, such as:
- content and structure of the programme
- study and exam regulations
- study planning and progress
- elective courses
- problems with thesis
- possibilities regarding studying with a disability
- (possible) delay in completing your studies due to personal circumstances
For administrative questions (like course enrolment, registration of grades, applying for your graduation etc.) please contact the Education Services Centre (OSC).
The study advisors have consultation hours by telephone and walk-in consultation hours for short questions.
Consultation hours by telephone:
- Tuesday & Thursday from 10:00 – 11:00 hrs.
Telephone number: +31 (0)70 - 8009143
Walk-in consultation hours for short questions (max. 10 minutes) on:
- Monday, Wednesday & Friday from 11:00 – 12:00 hrs.
- Location: Wijnhaven building, Turfmarkt 99 (The Hague), room 4.65
Cancelled/changed consultation hours:
- Wednesday 28 November: Walk-in consultation hour is cancelled
- We recommend you to check on the website for any changes/cancellations regarding the consultation hours.
- Students should be present 10 minutes before the end of the walk-in consultation hour at the latest.
Making an appointment
You can make an appointment:
• if you need more than 10 minutes;
• if it concerns a sensitive subject.
You can make an appointment from 4 weeks up to 3 hours before the appointment takes place;if you cannot make it, please cancel in the online system.
You can also e-mail your questions. Please mention: your student number, year of study, study programme and if applicable: track/ course title/ name (work group) teacher.E-mail
Your study advisors
Your study advisors for:
- BSc Security Studies
- MSc Crisis and Security Management
- Minors: Global Affairs; Intelligence Studies; Safety, Security and Justice.