Your study adviser or coordinator is an expert on all aspects of your study programme. If you have any questions or concerns about your programme, whether they be of a practical or academic nature, you can contact your study adviser.
Are you experiencing academic difficulties? Or are you falling behind in your studies due to personal circumstances? If so, it is essential that you speak to your study adviser/coordinator as soon as possible. He or she can advise you on the best course of action and, if required, assist you in dealing with academic delay.
You can also speak to your study adviser about a range of practical issues concerning your programme, such as:
- Planning your studies
- Schedule issues
- Choosing elective credits
- Requesting exemptions
- Advice on internship
How can a Study Adviser help you, how do you make an appointment and when are the consultation hours?
How can a Study Adviser help you?
A Study Adviser can help you with:
- (complex) study programme planning
- guidance on Bachelor and Master programmes and specialisations
- careers advice
- extending the validity of examination grades
- thesis issues
- requests for exemptions
- advice on delay in studies
- arranging extra time for examinations on personal grounds
- advice on study skills
- requesting an individual resit of an examination
- information on university classes on thesis supervision
- a referral to a student psychologist or student counsellor
Study Advisers can help with other matters too. They work according to the Code of Conduct of the Dutch Association of Study Advisers (LVSA).
Depending on the nature of the questions, a Study Adviser can provide personal advice, refer you to someone else, or put you in contact with a different department within the university. In the case of specific personal circumstances or personal problems, the Study Advisor can provide you with a referral to someone else who can help.
On Wednesdays and Fridays from 10.00 - 11.00 via telephone number 071 527 8787.
(Fleer, De Leeuw, Van der Tol, Wildenburg)
How can you make an individual appointment?
An individual consultation with a Study Advisor can be arranged by appointment via the OIC (Education Information Centre). You can call 071-527 8787 on Monday to Friday from 10.00 to 12.30.
Appointments are arranged with a particular Study Advisor depending on the first letter of the student’s surname.
- letters A, B, M with Mr De Leeuw (room C0.15)
- letters C, D, E, F, H, I and J with Ms Van der Tol (room C0.21)
- letters P to U with Ms Wildenburg (room C0.17)
- letters G, V to Z with Ms Fleer (room C0.23)
- letters K, L, N and O with Ms Dikken (room C0.19)
The Study Advisors of Leiden Law School have offices in the C corridor of the Kamerlingh Onnes Gebouw (on the ground floor, turn left at the OIC (Education Information Centre).