Universiteit Leiden

nl en

Study advisers

Your study adviser or coordinator is an expert on all aspects of your study programme. If you have any questions or concerns about your programme, whether they be of a practical or academic nature, you can contact your study adviser.

Academic issues

Are you experiencing academic difficulties? Or are you falling behind in your studies due to personal circumstances? If so, it is essential that you speak to your study adviser/coordinator as soon as possible. He or she can advise you on the best course of action and, if required, assist you in dealing with academic delay.

Practical issues

You can also speak to your study adviser about a range of practical issues concerning your programme, such as:

  • Planning your studies
  • Schedule issues
  • Choosing elective credits
  • Requesting exemptions
  • Advice on internship

Study advisor Master Vitality and Ageing

You can turn to the study advisor for:

  • Advice on issues that are related to your studies, directly or indirectly. For example procedures and regulations.
  • Advice on planning and organising your study programmes.
  • Reporting special circumstances, like personal circumstances, handicap, a top level sport, governance activities, PhD programmes. She can arrange extra support, registration of study delay, referral to student deans, doctors or psychologists and negotiation for extra facilities (like more time for the exams, larger font sizes, etc.).

Make an appointment with Lucia Creveld, the study advisor for the Master Vitality and Ageing. Do this in time, so study delays can be avoided.

Short questions can be answered by Lucia Creveld during the office hour or by telephone consultation.

  • Call  (071) 526 8700 on Monday, Tuesday or Friday
  • Office hour: Monday 12.30-13.30, building 3, office V5-12 

Changes in office hours are posted on Blackboard.

Other counseling and other advice

For general study tips, personal problems and special study conditions you can go to Leiden University. They have a website with guidance and advice for students. In case of harassment, sexual harassment or discrimination, you can also directly contact a confidential counsellor on undesirable behavior at Leiden University. For other serious complaints, you can also call on the ombuds officer. Are you still in doubt where to go with your question? Please check with the academic advisor. 

This website uses cookies.