Universiteit Leiden

nl en

Study advisers

Your study adviser or coordinator is an expert on all aspects of your study programme. If you have any questions or concerns about your programme, whether they be of a practical or academic nature, you can contact your study adviser.

Academic issues

Are you experiencing academic difficulties? Or are you falling behind in your studies due to personal circumstances? If so, it is essential that you speak to your study adviser/coordinator as soon as possible. He or she can advise you on the best course of action and, if required, assist you in dealing with academic delay.

Practical issues

You can also speak to your study adviser about a range of practical issues concerning your programme, such as:

  • Planning your studies
  • Schedule issues
  • Choosing elective credits
  • Requesting exemptions
  • Advice on internship

Study advisers Education and Child Studies

The study advisers provide students with information and advice on study-related matters such as: content and structure of the programme, study and exam regulations and study planning.



  • Jacquy Bouwer

    Master's specialisation Child and Family Studies
    Research Master Developmental Psychopathology in Education and Child Studies

  • Silvia Richter
    Master's specialisation Applied Neuroscience in Education and Child Studies
    Master's specialisation Learning Problems and Impairments

Student Services Centre

Visit the Student Services Centre (SSC) for administrative issues such as exam results or course and exam registration.

This website uses cookies.