Universiteit Leiden

nl en

Statements & proof of graduation

Statement of graduation

If your diploma will be awarded a while after you complete your degree but you need formal proof of graduation, the Board of Examiners can issue a statement confirming that you have completed your studies. Contact your study adviser or coordinator for assistance.

Certified copies

Do you need a certified copy of your diploma? You can download a certified extract of your diploma from the DUO diploma registry (Dutch government education agency). This has the same status as a certified copy in the Netherlands.

Alternatively you can request certified copies either:

  • in person at the Student Affairs Front Office. Remember to take along your original diploma/transcript and valid ID, or
  • from your faculty or study programme. In general, only copies of transcripts (not diplomas) can be issued. Take a look under your faculty or programme tab for more information, or contact your education administration office.

Legalisation of your diploma

In some situations you may be asked to provide a legalised version of your Leiden University diploma, for example if you intend to work or study abroad. You can arrange this via DUO (Dutch government education agency).

Diploma description for non-Dutch institutions

Are you going to study or work outside The Netherlands, and does your (future) university or employer require more information about your Dutch qualification? You can request a diploma description from Nuffic

Certified transcripts

Send an e-mail to the SSC stating: 

  • your name, degree course, and student number,
  • whether you require the transcript in Dutch or in English,
  • how many copies you need, 
  • whether you will collect your transcript(s) at the SSC Desk or what address you want them sent to.

Certificate of graduation

We would like to refer you to the diploma register of DUO. If you have a DigiD, you can download an official excerpt with your diploma data for free. The digital extract has the same value as a certified copy of the diploma. If you do not have a DigiD, please let us know.

Other statements

The SSC can make statements of English Bachelor and Master programs, statements of curretly completed EC and statements of registration for specific courses.

Send an e-mail to the SSC stating: 

  • whichof the above mentioned statements you need,
  • your name,
  • your student number, and
  • the degree course for which you require a statement

Archive e-Prospectus Psychology

To consult Prospectus older than 2002, please contact the Student Services Centre.

This website uses cookies.