Universiteit Leiden

nl en

To arrange upon your return

Have your credits recognised

Before departure, did you get approval for the credits you earn abroad to be counted towards your studies in Leiden (see ‘preparations’)? If so, you need to have your credits recognised upon your return.

Ask your host university to send your transcript directly to your international exchange coordinator, who will pass it on to your study programme. You can check that your credits have been recognised by looking in uSis or visiting your education administration office.

International Student Network

Would you like to be part of the international student community upon your return? If so, join the  International Student Network Leiden. It’s a great way to meet students from all over the world, share experiences and keep that international feeling!

To arrange upon your return

Recognition of credits
As soon as you return, you can get the courses that were approved before your departure officially recognised by the Psychology department. Sometimes the host university will send a transcript directly to the university, but this is not always the case. It is your responsibility to submit an application for recognition of your credits. Without this application, the transcript will not be processed.

Application for credit recognition step-by-step

  1. Ask your host university to send your transcript directly to your international exchange coordinator. The original document should be sent to:
    Leiden University
    Faculty of Social Sciences
    Institute of Psychology Office
    c/o F. Weekenstroo
    PO box: 9555
    2300 RB Leiden
    The Netherlands
  2. Fill in the application form. Copy the course titles word for word from the transcript.
  3. Send the application form to your international exchange coordinator by email exchangepsy@fsw.leidenuniv.nl or take it to one of the walk in consulting hours.
  4. Submit a petition request 'external education’ in uSis.
  5. As soon as the international exchange coordinator has received your transcript and your application form, the grades will be converted. The grades cannot be entered on uSis until you have submitted an official petition.
  6. As soon as your grades have appeared on uSis, you can request the original transcript from the Student Services Centre.

Don't leave it too late
It is your responsibility to request the recognition of the credits you have earned on time. Are you graduating soon and do you want these credits to count towards your degree? Then you must arrange this as soon as you return, to be sure that the credits can be recognized on time. 

This website uses cookies.