Universiteit Leiden

nl en

Internships, research and fieldwork

Each faculty and some study programmes have their own guidelines and procedures for internships, research and fieldwork abroad. Take a look under your faculty and programme tab for more information, or speak to your faculty international exchange coordinator.


Student Research Mobility Programme

If you want to do research abroad, you could consider the STREAM (Student Research Mobility) programme. This is an exchange programme between Leiden University and six other LERU universities (League of European Research Universities).

Negative travel advice? Check your destination

You may not go on exchange in a country for which negative travel advice has been issued. Check here if your destination is safe. This webpage is in Dutch, but by entering the country name (Dutch spelling) you can view the safety status on a map. If your destination is red or orange, you may not go there.

More information

Read more about internships, research and fieldwork abroad.

Photo: Harriët Meiborg

Leiden Law School does not have any collaboration agreements with overseas companies, nor does it mediate in the arrangement of internships abroad. 

If you would like to do an internship abroad, seek advice from your institute’s internship coordinator or contact the overseas internship provider directly. 

Be aware that if you do an internship within Europe you may be eligible for funding via the Erasmus programme, just as you would for studying abroad within Europe. However you are still responsible for the organisation of your own internship. 

This website uses cookies. Read